Real Estate Tip of the Week: Tips for a Smooth Transaction
New to buying or selling a home? – You’ve come to the right place!
Here at Alliance Title, we take pride in providing the best closing experience for everyone involved – that means agents, lenders, and their customers. In order to help throughout this transaction, we thought it would be best to outline some quick tips and tricks that can ensure a smooth and easy transaction.
Outside of COVID’s safety measures, please provide the following to your escrow team:
- The completed and signed Earnest Money Agreement (EMA). Be sure the EMA is legible.
- All addendums to the EMA.
- All commission verification forms.
- Phone numbers, email addresses, and/or fax numbers for your clients and/or the lender they are using.
- Any additional insight or information regarding your customer(s) that may help make the process go without a hitch the day of closing, such as:
- The need for a translator;
- If they are visually, audibly, or physically impaired;
- If they require separate signings (i.e., divorce)
- Homeowner’s Association contact information
Other quick tidbits:
- Carefully review the title commitment – if any questions arise, contact your escrow team ASAP!
- Encourage the seller to:
- Provide payoff authorizations promptly.
- Review their state withholding requirements with their account (if applicable).
- Encourage the buyer to:
- Shop for the best homeowner’s insurance rates and options promptly.
- Notify your escrow team immediately should an issue or problem arise before the closing date.
Alliance Title’s Client-Resource Guide will help get everything organized before the closing date!